Fraser Squadron

Serving Delta, Tsawwassen, Ladner and Richmond

Notices to Mariners

. . . delivered to your e-mail. Sign up at this Fisheries and Oceans website.

Local Marinas

A list of marinas local to the Fraser Squadron area


Entry to the USA


A Faster Way for Boaters to Report

For those of you who boat South of the border, the following is an information bulleting recently issued by U.S. Customs and Border Protection regarding a new program to permit easier entry of pleasure craft into the U.S.

The Small Vessel Reporting System (SVRS), a voluntary program offered by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), helps boaters report their arrival to the U.S. at no charge.

The program is designed to expedite entry of legitimate boaters, enabling CBP officers to focus their attention on higher-risk travelers and craft.

SVRS is available to: U.S. Citizens, nationals and lawful permanent residents; Canadian citizens; and permanent residents of Canada who are nationals of a Visa Waiver Program country.

Enrolling is quick, easy, and free via the Internet in just three steps:

1. Complete application at

2. Schedule interview online with CBP officer

3. Receive boater registration number and password by email

SVRS participants report their entry to the U.S. quickly too, by calling a dedicated telephone line and responding to the questions. (CBP reserves the right to hold an in-person inspection if needed.)

The system is currently available in the Southeast at Florida, Puerto Rico, and the United States
Virgin Islands. It is also deployed at the U.S./Canada border.

Please share this information with members of the boating community, especially the links below:

• Enrollment page (not case-sensitive):

• General information:

• Audio of announcement - for sharing or broadcast:

Thank you for helping to keep the public informed about CBP's traveler programs.

Laurel Smith

Director, Communication and Outreach

Office of Public Affairs

U.S. Customs and Border Protection


Quick links to recent information regarding US Border Crossing, the US Decal program for vessels of 30ft or over and Homeland Security can be accessed on the CPS Public Web site "Resources" page.

Have a safe and enjoyable summer of on the water.