As a member of the Canadian Power and Sail Squadrons there is a long list of perks for YOU!
Okay, I have your attention and I have about ten seconds to keep your attention, here goes the elevator version of why you should renew your Fraser Squadron membership.
In many cases the amount of money you save on boat insurance will pay for your CPS membership, and as an additional perk, as a member of Fraser Squadron you will receive six copies of Pacific Yachting every year.
Well, that's six copies of Pacific Yachting for free. But, I see you are a discerning boater and you want more . . .
Well we have more for you.
Here are some of the reasons for maintaining a CPS membership:
- Members earn the right to fly the CPS flag and take pride with knowing it represents knowledge and accomplishment.
- Members are eligible to take the Advanced and Elective Courses, to extend their "on the water" skills and knowledge.
- Members receive a 8 issue subscription to the magazine Canadian Yachting West which also contains the CPS publication Port Hole. With the current cover price at $5.95 per issue this is a value of $35.70.
NOTE: this publication was formerly called Canadian Yachting, with the name change comes more articles on boating in BC and western waters.
- Members of Pacific Mainland District receive a six month subscription to Pacific Yachting with their yearly membership. With a current cover price $6.95 per issue this is a $41.70 value.
- Included with the Pacific Yachting subscriptions, CPS members receive a copy of "The Roster" which consists of a PMD member listing of:
- Boat names
- Boat owners
- Squadron they belong to
- Fraser members receive the Fairlead, a publication produced by the Fraser Squadron covering local topics and announcements of current squadron activities.
- Member are entitled to apply for boat insurance at preferred rates with Cowan Insurance, Johnston Meier, and other insurance agencies. Ask your agent.
- Members are entitled to a 5%-15% discount with certain Charter Boat operations in Ontario, BC, Florida, and the BVI as well as notable discounts with certain recognized auto rental companies when traveling on land.
- Members can extend their social camaraderie and knowledge by attending squadron seminars, safety programs, and social events.Members may join other volunteers as class proctors or course instructors, thus extending their knowledge to others.
- Save 50% on Fugawi navigation software.
- Local merchant discounts including:
- Steveston Marine save 10% off regular price items.
- Lordco Automotive discount up to 30% off
- Natural Marine products - buy any 3 items and mail in for a $20.00 rebate.
- C-Tow save 33% discount.
- PORTS Cruising Guides save 25%
- RONA Stores - save 10%
- National Car Rental - save 10%
- Fortress Marine Anchors - save 20%
- Salus Marine Wear - save 15%
- Weems & Plath - order online and save 25% on precision navigation tools and products ordered directly form Weems and Plath.
- ICOM CANADA discounts from $10.00 to $150.00. Check CPS web site for details.
- Save 15% at Choice Hotels.
- Socials & Cruises. Fraser Squadron attempts to put on 2 to 3 cruises per year. Our cruise master will select the harbor and activities.
- With our NASBLA (National Association of State Boating Law Administrators) accreditation the CPS PCOC is now the only Canadian PCOC recognized by the United States Coast Guard!
- Save 10% to 15% on home and auto insurance through Cowan Insurance.
- Save up to 25% on Cowan boat insurance.
- Vancouver International Boat Show tickets at discounted rates. In 2013 we distributed tickets for $10.00, the gate price was $15.00.
- A member may be serve on the Bridge or executive in some capacity and thus ensure the continuation of programs for new boaters.
Okay! We've saved you more than the cost of your membership. We may have saved you more than the cost of the boating courses you took. And this list of benefits is what anybody who renews their membership is eligible to receive.
Now you are invited to attend a bridge meeting or any social to see some of the many more rewards YOU could receive. What kind of rewards?
I'm glad I asked.
How about this? At many social events and graduations we have special guests and speakers. Ranging from renowned local artists to authors of definitive guides to boating to experts in boat maintenance . . . we get them all. Come out to the socials to learn about local waters, how to maintain your boat and meet your fellow boaters.
More! You want more? Okay we have more.
With a yearly roundup of three to four destinations, you are invited join us on a Fraser Squadron cruise. Our Cruisemasters arrange excursions, put on activities and offer prizes. Included in the cruises is a great camaraderie and good times.
I'm running out of more, but I guarantee - if you start coming to our your events you WILL receive more.
Don't forget to renew your membership when you receive your reminder.