Fraser Squadron

Serving Delta, Tsawwassen, Ladner and Richmond

Fraser Squadron History

The Canadian Power and Sail Squadrons was founded in 1938 in Windsor Ontario by 3 members of the Windsor Yacht Club who had taken training from the United States Power Squadron in Detroit Michigan just across the river.

 

In the late 1950's and early 1960's a number of Power Squadrons were formed in the BC Lower Mainland. Fraser Squadron was formed in 1964 for the Richmond/South Delta area. The History section of this web site is based on whatever old records and pictures have survived, and provides insight into the founding of the squadron, how it operated in its early days, and the individuals involved.